Greetings, my fellow rogues!
If you are wondering why my face is a flaming red today: no, it wasn’t a makeup accident or the result of an extended sprint to avoid a drider…
It is, in fact, because the lovely Vida of Goodgraceiousness was so kind to nomiate me for a Liebster Award! It seems that this award is one for which you are nominated by your fellow bloggers, if they deem you a worthy adventurer-on-the-rise (with less than 200 followers, not counting the drider – seriously, do those things ever give up?). I’m honoured by Vida’s kind nomination, and encourage you all to check out her blog – she’s a very sweet, open person, who has encouragement and inspirational musings for everyone, and welcomes those who share her faith and those who don’t, alike :-).
Now, Vida has asked me some questions!
1. Why did you start your blog?
Being a rogue is more than an adventuring class – it’s a way of life. I wanted to share my rogueish wisdom with the world, through the obviously closely related media of makeup, dancewear, miniatures and fantasy RPG references. I have been truly inspired, however, by how positive and encouraging the blogging community is out there!
2. What is your favorite hobby or activity – one that really makes you feel happy and peaceful?
Well, aside from a truly well-picked lock or disarmed trap, you mean? Probably raiding dungeons with my trusty adventuring party – it’s not even the loot at the end that makes this rogue happiest – it’s spending time with her closest friends, working together to achieve something wonderful. Loot is great, though – not going to lie…
3. What is your favorite book?
Oof. This is a really hard one. There are so many wonderful books out there (except the ones that turn out to have fangs in them or are cursed. You want to stay away from anything on a skeletal mage’s bookshelf, basically). I think, in the end, I’m going to have to go with Feet of Clay, by Terry Pratchett. Honestly, anything by Terry Pratchett, but that particular book of his I think I’ve re-read more than any other. That or The Hogfather, anyway!
4. Tell us something about you not many people know.
I once challenged a Beholder to a staring contest. I know, I know…
I can also read hieroglyphs.
5. What was the most magical day of your life, and why?
The day I married the wizard, of course!
6. Do you believe in love at first sight? Why or why not?
I believe in lust at first sight, for sure. As for love at first sight, while I believe that it might happen for some people, I’ve been fortunate to enjoy growing into love, which is one of the sweetest things I think you can experience.
7. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Eating my mother’s freshly made plum cake in Summer, while listening to the cicadas. Either that or the day I discovered that I could pick the lock to the front door with a pick I made myself. What can I say, I’ve been a rogue from very early on!
8. Describe yourself in three words.
Rogueish, academic, unintentionallyhumorous (see? I made that into one word. Hah!)
9. If you could spend a day with one person, living, or dead, who would it be and why?
10. Who is the one person who can always make you smile?
The Wizard, without a doubt. People, always remember to have a Wizard in your adventuring party (just make sure you keep them at the back – they’re kind of squishy) 😉
Now it’s time for me to nominate a few blogs myself – this is a mixture of blogs that have been around for a little while and blogs that are brand spanking new. Some of them are newer to me and some are older. Some I’ve followed officially and some I have lurked on (putting together this list has prompted me to remedy that!). However, I think all of them are worthy adventurers that I hope continue to grow and flourish.
For my nominees – if you decide to accept, here are the rules (my additions in brackets):
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog (please!).
2. (Dig in) and answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must nominate 10 (or as many as you like) of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers (on their blogging platform/site) and notify them of their nomination.
4. You must come up with 10 (preferably entertaining!) questions for your nominees to answer.
My nominees (should they choose to accept) for the Liebster Award are:
My questions for you are (feel free to answer as seriously or as frivolously as you like):
1. Why did you start blogging/questing?
2. After a long and challenging journey, you find your untimate treasure chest – what’s inside?
3. If you could only take one type of rations/food into a month long trip into the Underdark/a dungeon/a desert island/camping – what would it be?
4. The paladin is asking you what your life’s true and noble quest is. What do you tell him?
5. What aspect of makeup do you love the most? Or, for those who don’t partake, if you had to wear one type of makeup (lipstick, blush, eyeliner, whatever) every day on pain of having your brain sucked out by a Mindflayer, what would you choose? You may also choose to fight the Mindflayer!
6. How did you first get started with your current passion/hobby?
7. You can invite five historical figures to come on a quest with you. What’s the quest, who are the figures, and why did you choose each of them?
8. Which country would you most like to live in/explore (other than the one in which you currently reside/were born)?
9. If you could be the wizard, what would be your most-used spell or power?
10. You accidentally put on a pair of cursed boots that make you dance, nonstop. What sort of dancing are you doing?
I hope you all have a bit of fun answering the questions! Until next time, don’t forget to check for traps,